South Bay Surf Series
The South Bay Surf Series is a five-event contest series presented by the South Bay Boardriders Club with the support of local surf shops and businesses.
The events are open anyone among the various age divisions from the under-9 year-olds in the Micro Grom division to the over-50 Legends division.
The series begins in December at 26th street in Manhattan Beach and concludes in April with the championships at Manhattan Beach Pier.
Finalist from all divisions win great prize-packs and all contestants receive t-shirts and other goodies for entering.
Surf Series ratings winners will receive prizes such as free trips, surfboards, wetsuits and more… Make sure you get your entry in early, as these events fill up fast!
How to enter:
There are multiple ways to enter the South Bay Surf Series:
- Enter Online – The most convenient way to enter is through our website. The online entry deadline is the Thursday night prior to each event.
- Mail your entry – You can download the entry form on the website and mail your entry to the address indicated or you may drop off the entry at the surf shop who is sponsoring the event.
- Beach Entry – Beach entries are subject to space availability and are honored on the first-come-first-serve basis. Note, there is an additional fee for beach entries
Junior Divisions (18 and under):
Club Member – $30.00
Non-Club Member – $40.00
Open and Adult Divisions:
Club Member – $40.00
Non-Club Member – $50.00
Any additional division – $20.00
*Beach entries are $15.00 extra for all divisions
Download Entry Form
- Micro Groms (9 & under)
- Assisted Micro Groms (9 & under)
- Groms (12 & under)
- Boys (14 & under)
- Juniors (18 & under)
- Open Men (all ages)
- Masters (40-49)
- Legends (50+)
- Open Longboard (all ages)
- Junior Women (18 & under)
- Open Women (all ages)