“Getting to the Next Level” – Competitive Surfing Clinic
Presented by: USA Surfing and International Surf Services
Date: February 7, 2018
Location: Hermosa Beach Surf Museum, 710 Pier Avenue, Hermosa Beach
Presenter: Erik Krammer of International Surf Services
• Erik’s Credentials:
• Former ASP International Surfing judge/head judge for WCT and WQS events
• USA Surfing Judging and Educational Director
• Int’l Surfing Assoc (ISA) Head judge, contest director and technical director for events including ISA World Juniors and ISA World Games
• Consultant working with the Int’l Olympic Committee (IOC) to establish and format surfing for the 2020 Olympics
An educational program directed towards the basic understanding of competitive surfing in the United States for competitors, parents, coaches, team managers and the general public. The clinic is presented in conjunction with USA Surfing and expresses the rules and ideals of the International Surfing Association (ISA) and the World Surfing League (WSL). Topics to be covered include judging criteria, contest rules, maximizing scoring potential, interferences, discipline, path to USA Surf Team and beyond, and surfing in the Olympics.
• Regular price for this clinic is $25, but SBBC is bringing it to our South Bay surf community as part of the clubs’ educational programs for the following reduced fees:
• SBBC Members: FREE (online pre-registration required)
• Non-Members: $10 (online pre-registration required)
• At the door night of the event: $15 for both members and non-members
• Includes free pizza and beverages for all attendees.