SUBMIT YOUR ENTRIES
The South Bay Surf Awards
The South Bay Boardriders Club
The South Bay Surf Awards is a friendly competition to see who can ride the biggest wave of the winter, get the best ride, or have the gnarliest wipeout. Competitors must submit a photograph or video by April 15th of the ride to be considered by our panel of judges.
The South Bay Surf Awards is open to all surfers, on any wave ridden in the South Bay between November 1, 2020 and March 31, 2021.
Winners of each of the five categories listed below will be awarded on May 15th at our Surf Movie Night at the Roadium Drive-In Theater when we will also show Brad Jacobson’s “Chasing the South Bay” movie, Blackline Logo’s compilation of this year’s Virtual Surf Series, and a feature surf film.
SUBMIT ENTRIES BY CLICKING AN OPTION BELOW
(must be triple overhead):
Awarded to the surfer who rides the biggest wave of the winter. Prizes for the surfer and photographer.
Howard Eddy Award
Honors the individual that shows commitment and unselfishness and gives back to our local surfing community. Prize for the individual.
- All waves must be ridden between Indicator in Palos Verdes and Dockweiler State Beach in El Segundo.
- The waiting period is from November 1st 2020 to March 31st 2021.
- All photos and/or videos must be submitted to the South Bay Boardriders Club website by April 15th, 2021.
- All surfers must submit a signed entry form and waiver to be considered for the awards.
- Entries for the Biggest Wave must be a minimum of 3 times overhead, Triple Overhead, to qualify for the Biggest Wave Award.